Monday, February 1, 2010

Walking into a deathtrap

Jeff and I are going to Chicago this weekend so he can commune with other public interest law students, and I'm going to have most of the day on Saturday free for shopping, browsing, perusing, what-have-you.

Thanks to my previous visits to the city, and this great post on The Glamorous Grad Student I'm not completely unprepared for the ::sigh:: task at hand (:-P). I'll hopefully be spending some time in Lincoln Park with Jeff on Sunday, and while I know he doesn't want to spend all our time thrifting, I may have to try and drag him into a couple of the shops Tenisha mentions :-)

Other than that? Fluevog, just to daydream and drool. Filene's Basement because I heart it hard and I once got a CUTE dress there for only $3.49 and it was one of the greatest moments of my life. And any other shops (except Macy's, because I'm still mad at them about the whole Marshall Field's thing) that may catch my fancy.

Can anyone offer further recommendations for must-visit shops (thrift or otherwise)? Gotta be easily attainable via train or bus, and preferably not too far from the downtown/Lincoln Park area. Or any other general "Yay Chicago" sentiments/tips are welcome, too.

PS>More information about our other plans for the weekend are on KateOhKatie, for the interested.

<3

4 comments:

Change in View said...

Please go to that handbag store on the corner of Michigan Avenue & Something that we had such fun in. Remember, they had the red bag in the window that I was dying to get??? You will know it when you see it.

Don't talk to strangers. Please.

Diana said...

This is exciting! I'm glad to hear you're getting to go to Chicago, and I'm especially glad (and quite jealous) that you're going to Fluevog. I've never been to Chicago, but I've always wanted to, because that's where my grandfather was born.

You should get in touch with Clare of Between Laundry Days and Sally of Already Pretty. Clare lives in Chicago and Sally visits Chicago frequently, so I'm sure they could both offer great shopping recommendations.

Kate said...

Mom - I'm going to! I just can't remember what that shop is called. But I remember exactly where it is, so I'll stop by. :-)

Kate said...

Good suggestions, Diana. Thank you! :-)

BTW, I don't know if it'll be good going to the Fluevog store or not. I don't have the money to buy anything, I just want to gawk and see the pretties in person! :-)

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger