Saturday, February 20, 2010

Daily Outfit*S* - Kate - 2/20/10

Yes, outfitS. Because now apparently I'm one of those people who's so fancy that I can't just have one outfit for the day, oh no - I must change before high tea with the queen!

Actually, I could more appropriately replace that last clause with "...I picked out one outfit based upon a set of plans which ended up changing, so I switched to something more practical instead." But that's not as much fun, is it?

FIRST OF ALL, I want to say - yay for the end of Scarf Week! I can't believe I actually survived a whole week without wearing one stinkin' scarf. Hardest week of my life, probably. Of course, I had to celebrate its end in appropriate fashion:

Bitches, I WILL wear 14 scarves if I want to. And I will like it. And YOU will like it.

:-)

'K here's what I was really planning on leaving the house in:

Basic, right? And easy. And comfy.

Roxie liked it, too:

She's my happycutelovepuppy.

I'm not sure of the name for this scarf tie (if it even has a name), but I essentially just folded a square scarf in half, wrapped it on bandanna style then instead of letting the ends hang I tied them in front of the center section.

New earrings I bought from Mom's Etsy shop, too:


So that was the plan. Then I actually ended up leaving the house in this:

Blurry Roxietail is optional.

That was a good decision, as it was much more practical for our adventure - a short hike in a local state park - than the dress + studded boots combo would've been. :-)

First outfit:
Dress: Target, Converse
Scarf: Target, Mossimo (just bought it last week!)
Tights: Target (ugh)
Boots: 704b, via DSW
Earrings: Accidental Artists (Etsy link)


Second outfit:
Jeans: Lev's 518's
Tee: GAP outlet
Jacket: LLBean, fall 2008
Boots: Ariat, via Zappos
Earrings and Scarf: same as above

4 comments:

Jen said...

All I want in life is to look at the 14 scarf picture all freaking day.

Change in View said...

There is no link to www.AccidentalArtists.Etsy.com

:-(

But thanks anyway.

Diana said...

That scarf picture is hilarious!

I love your shirt-dress.

Unknown said...

I love this post. I am on a scarf kick right now. In the past month, I've bought 3 for myself and one for my sister's birthday. I like to tie them the same way that you tied this one!
Your second outfit is much more weekend-ish. But both look great.
I love your writing style too!

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger