Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Daily Outfit - Kate - 2-2-10

I decided to celebrate Groundhog Day by...getting up, getting dressed, and going to work. Hey, no one said it was a big celebration :-P

More importantly than Punxatawny Phil seeing his shadow, though - I feel like I've got my outfit groove back!


I've had that sweater for 45 billion years (actually, since - I think - my freshman year of high school, so 10 years) and I can't believe how well it's held up. It used to be a much brighter blue, I'm not gonna lie, but I think it has faded well (nice and evenly) so I am still happy with it :-) I mean, would you know the difference if I hadn't told you? And the rest of the outfit just...came together! I love when that happens! I'm also kind of proud of myself for bringing in a few different textures, visually - the herringbone skirt, the studded boots, the over-the-top necklace. New territory for me.




Sweater: GAP, circa 2000
Skirt: thrifted, originally F21
Tights: Hellmart
Boots: 704b, via DSW
Necklace: F21, Winter 2009/2010

4 comments:

Jen said...

I hate Forever 21, but I loooooove that necklace on you. Please don't tell my friend, Leah. She'll never let me live it down.

K said...

That necklace is great!

Diana said...

I love days when an outfit just comes together. That necklace is absolutely lovely.

Chelsea said...

Okay this outfit as a whole is great, but the real amazingness is that all of the details are super rad! Loooove the necklace. The color of the turtleneck is gorgeous on you (never get rid of it!), and that skirt shape is glorious. Win!

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger