Thursday, February 18, 2010

Daily Outfit - Kate - 2/18/10

Still now sure how I feel about today's outfit, honestly. I think my opinion of it may be marred by my growing hatred of these body-segmenting tights. I also don't feel like the layers transitioned as it smoothly as the last time I tried this trick - I don't think it was as noticeable in person, but in photos you can definitely see the waistline of my skirt.

THAT SAID, I love the theory of this outfit - the plaid peeking out below the dress, the contrast between the prim dress vs the preppy plaid vs the rustic cowboy boots. And this dress? OMG LOVE IT SO MUCH. It fits me perfectly and I'm finally seeing the light re: empire waists. It's all about finding the *right* empire-waisted garment. Consider my eyes opened.


And also? The details on this dress are fabulous. I've always liked the fit and fabrics from BCBG, and I'm so happy to have found another piece that fit within my budget (hint: Nordstrom Rack price + 75% off clearance = gettin' there)

Oh, and the earrings were a totally impulse, last-minute decision as I was dashing out the door this morning, but I love how they worked. I adore them but don't wear them often enough because they're relatively large. But I love the style and the color just makes me happy in my heart whenever I see them. Plus they're incredibly lightweight and comfortable. They really should get rotated in more...


Dress: BCBG, via Nordstrom Rack
Skirt: F21
Tights: Target
Boots: Ariat, via Zappos
Earrings: Mamma mia
Bracelet: very old

1 comment:

Alissa said...

I think it would've worked better if you wore dark brown tights with the boots, or the light tights with a pair of dark ballerina flats.

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger