Saturday, February 6, 2010

Daily Outfit - Kate - 2/5/10

You can't tell from the way I'm posting (ummm...no Internet postmarks :-P) but I'm blogging from our super-nice room in the Fairfield in downtown Chicago. Jeff is off doing envinronmental lawyery studenty things, and I just came back from breakfast. Just setting the stage for ya.

Here's yesterday's outfit, which was worn in cab --> St. Louis MetroLink --> Amtrack --> CTA bus --> CTA train --> CTA bus --> FIELD MUSEUM --> CTA bus --> dinner. So it got around (and you're catching it at its third-to-final stop, when we were in the Field Museum :-)


That's how I was running around for most of the day. Do I look exhausted and like my feet were killing me and like my shoulder was numb from hauling around a day bag with my Nikon, 300g of sock yarn (3 pairs' worth), my stainless travel mug and other purse necessities? I hope not!

The outfit under that superwarm wool coat (seriously worth every penny. LLBean knows outerwear!!!):

I actually put more thought into this than I do my usual daily outfits. The flat boots were a must, and I actually figured that Friday would be less running around than other days, so I chose the least-comfortable of my flat boots. That corduroy skirt and red scarf are pretty much like a security blanket for me at this point; I knew I wouldn't want to feel like *everything* around me was unfamiliar (which was nice, because we spent a good chunk of the day L-O-S-T LOST.

I look kinda psychotic here, but look! It's Sue!


Coat: LLBean (mine is the older style - not the "new and improved" linked there).
Boots: 704b, via DSW
Skirt: GAP, fall 2009
Scarf: Plowsharing Crafts, summer 2009
tights: Hellmart
tee: Target
flowered shirt: Sears, circa 2001. I wear it rarely but keep it because I LOVE that print!
earrings: mummie

3 comments:

Diana said...

I love the whole outfit! The tee, the skirt, the boots. That lovely bright red scarf. And the fact that you have a dinosaur in your background makes it even more awesome.

Sandy said...

I love the brown tones and the pop of red with the scarf! So cool! The print on the shirt is lovely too!

Jen said...

Loving you in red!

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger