Monday, February 8, 2010

Daily Outfits - Kate - 2/6/10 and 2/8/10

First I'll take care of a bit of backlog.

Modelled in our fabulous hotel room, this is what I tromped around in on Saturday in Chicago:

Yup, that's my new scarf! I didn't realize 'till after I bought it how well it'd work with the rest of my outfit.

I knew I'd be running around all day, in a bunch of different places and spending a fair amount of time outside, so I went for COMFORT. Those LLBean boots are one of my most comfortable pairs of shoes, and even so my feet were KILLING me by the end of the day. But I think the outfit was a success - it took me from shopping on Michigan Avenue, to a show at Second City, and everywhere in between :-)


That's a pretty good indication of the "vibe" of my outfit, I think. Casual and comfy, yet put together (is there any easier way to instantly look put together than throwing on a scarf? I don't think so...)

Sadness, though - at some point in the day I lost one of my earrings :-( I had them both at about 4:00 in the afternoon, but by the time we left the restaurant after dinner it was gone. So was my 3-day CTA pass. Luckily, Mom can make me a new earring. She can't make a CTA pass.


Cardigan: Francesca's Collections
green tank: Anthropologie
Jeanskirt: Old Navy
Tights: Target
Boots: LLBean
Scarf: Filene's Basement
Necklace (not visible) and earrings: Mom-made
Belt: thrifted


And here's today. I was exhausted and crabby and not wanting to be at work, so I rolled out an old favorite:

Not much to say there; the photo is horrible I know. But the outfit was comfy and cozy and just what I needed, on this day when I just wanted to stay in bed. I also just noticed how it's another green tee + white sweater combo. Oh well. None of my co-workers were in Chicago (nor were there Chicagoans in my office, for that matter)

Skirt: Forever 21, a billion years ago
Tee: thrifted, originally Target
Cardigan: Apostrophe by Sears, circa 2001-ish
Tights: Target
Boots: LLBean
Necklace: Mom's creation, with thrifted pendant
Earrings: Mom

4 comments:

Chick in the Czech said...

Sorry about the earring! I also like the scarf!

Anonymous said...

Oh I hate losing an earring! I'm always momentarily convinced that I can find it, too.

But I love the new scarf - such wonderful, vibrant colors. Today's red plaid skirt is a fantastic color and fit and pattern. Hope you have a good day!

Jen said...

I looooove you in that scarf. You stuck to your word and bought a bright-colored one! It looks divine on you, m'lady.

You make me really, really, really, really, want brown riding boots.

K said...

Loving the Chicago outfit! The colors are great and that scarf really brings it all together so nicely.

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger