Monday, February 15, 2010

Daily Outfit - Kate - 2/15/10

I was running 5 minutes late this morning, but since a train comes every 15 minutes, I chose to look at it as "10 minutes early". MEANING, I had time for a few quick outfit photos in Real! Daylight!


(it's so weird for me to be blogging about an outfit that's actually on my body right this instant. And also that sitting thing? Not working. Hey! you! Stand up!!!)

OK.


Obviously the location stuff still needs some work, but I think it's progress, yes?

Today's outfit was all about comfort and security, and being EASY. Just the same, I love each piece that went into it and I'm pretty happy with the overall result. I'm also wearing this $10 clearance Target belt TO DEATH and it's validating for me the need for a higher quality, similar piece. What can I say? The studded, utilitarian, antiqued look just works with so many outfits! (and I love it with the studded boots :-))


Ughghghgh I'm a freakishly pink alien!!! (with a crookedly-hanging necklace of awesomeness) :-)

Shirt: Target, Merona, 2008
Skirt: thrifted, George
Boots: 704b, via DSW
Tights: Target
Belt: Target
Necklace: MOMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Earrings: gift shop in a barn in Iowa, circa 1999

5 comments:

Alissa said...

Like I said, necklace = mine someday.

...and no scarf. Great!

Leah said...

LOVE that necklace!

Jen said...

I am loving the natural light pictures! And you in blue (green? blue green?)!

Can your mom be my mom and make me necklaces? THANKS VERY MUCH.

Diana said...

That necklace is gorgeous! I love it!

I always prefer to write about an outfit at least one day after wearing it, so I can look at it in retrospect. It feels really weird to me to write a post while wearing the outfit in said post. Extra weird if I'm writing about it on break at work and someone looks over my shoulder and sees it.

Kate said...

Diana - yeah, that's what I'm learning. I'm still so new at this whole styleblogging thing! I can only imagine how weird it would be if a co-worker saw me blogging about my current outfit.

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger