Thursday, February 4, 2010

Daily Outfit - Kate - 2/4/10

Today's outfit was exceedingly comfortable - both physically and mentally. It's a little more casual than I'd usually wear on a Thursday at work (what with the frayed edges on the skirt and the scarf) but I'm usually so overdressed anyway that it all evens out. I loved this one!



I was going for a "put together but not at all matchy-matchy" vibe, and I think it worked. In a past life I would've worn a red or brown tee under this cardi, but now that I'm such a wild and crazy (:-P) girl I wore teal! WHOAaaa....

And look! A (blurry) picture where I don't look like a total dork:

This is more like how I look in real life. Dimple, pointy chin, gap in the teeth...yup.

As I blog this and think about the outfit's origins, I think I'm realizing why I like it so much - most of the pieces have a story or a unique origin, and they all make me feel good :-)



Skirt: Levi's, on clearance at Goody's (Kirksville dept store) in 2006ish
Tee: garage sale for a Truman fundraiser, 2005ish
Cardigan: Target, Winter 2009/2010
Scarf: Plowsharing Crafts, when Stefanie came to visit me last summer :-)
Tights: Target
Boots: LLBean
Cuff: Fair Ophelia Designs, purchased at Strange Folk last fall (link to my KateOhKatie post of the event)
Earrings: sterling silver and peridot, booth at the St. Louis Renaissance Festival, 2008

3 comments:

Jen said...

Ahhh! One of my favorites, yet! The scarf+cardigan+tee combo = love. Also, I really want flat brown riding boots.

K said...

This looks great! I can even just tell from the picture that it's comfy. It all came together so well and the teal shirt is a perfect choice.

Diana said...

I love that cuff bracelet!

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger