Monday, March 22, 2010

Dear Jen

I have a plan. Well, it started out as a theory. But now it's a plan.

So you live in Austin, right? And it's hot in Austin for about 10 1/2 months out of the year, right? So that means you have a pretty good assortment of summery clothes, right? AND you have an awesome natural sense of style, right? (I bet you know where I'm going with this).

For you see, I am sorely lacking in variety and interest in my own summery wardrobe. I'm telling you this straight up because it will soon become painfully obvious. Spring is on its way to St. Louis, there's no avoiding it.

I've always thought you're a great source of style inspiration anyway, but now that my mind is turning to breezy cardigans and tights-less skirts and cute little tank tops, I'm realizing even more the impact that your style is having on my own mindset.

Don't worry, I'm not gonna start looking like a Jenelganger (get it? Doppelganger? Jenelganger? I should get *paid* to write these jokes!). But I will be keeping many of your tricks in mind as I shop for the upcoming season. I've already seen you try a lot of cute things - like flats and skinny jeans (the jury is still out on whether or not I'll look like a potato when I try that), and layers that can easily be adjusted without losing the whole "look" of an outfit. So since I'm sure it'll be 80* in Austin by this time next week, I imagine you'll be rolling out even more awesome outfits - I can't wait! :-)

In the meantime I'll just sit over here and hug my boots and shawls and weep quietly, for soon we must part...until September (ok, August). And until September (ok, August) rolls back around, I'll be thrifting up a storm and drawing style inspiration from you and other lovely bloggers.

<3
Kate

No comments:

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger