Monday, March 29, 2010

Daily Outfit - Kate - 3/29/10

I've no idea *what* I was thinking when I bought this dress-shirt thing.


(I've also no idea why I was making another gooney face there. Such are the mysteries of the world.)

I mean, it's (the dress-shirt) is scandalously short as a dress, but definitely too long to be a shirt or tunic. I'm not a huge fan of the scoopneck, there's no waist shaping, and did I mention it's SHORT? But I liked the color, and it was $3. So it came home with me many months ago, and has been hanging neglected in my closet ever since.

UNTIL! Today. When I wore it. With a modesty skirt underneath (hey will you help me turn 'modesty skirt' into a "thing"? Please?) and my new UO belt and one of my favorite cotton scarves, it's not *horrible.* Right?



Dress: Old Navy, summer 2009
Skirt: thrifted, originally The Limited
Tights: Old Navy, 2008ish maybe?
Shoes: Softspots "Bronte", summer 2009
Belt: Urban Outfitters, winter 2009/2010
Earrings: MUMSIE WUMSIE
Scarf: Target, summer 2009

5 comments:

Jen said...

I have been meaning to ask but keep forgetting - will you post a picture(s) of your jewelry box? Or however it is that you organize all of your goodies? I would love to see!

Alissa said...

CLAPS! Loves it. I kind of like it scandalously short...but not for work. :)

Chick in the Czech said...

I have that very same dress in two different colors!

I wear mine with leggings and flats. That way it covers up your butt with the leggings but isn't TOO long. I agree that the scoop neck can be annoying sometimes.

Diana said...

I like how you styled the dress/shirt here, but I also think it would look really great with leggings. The color is gorgeous!

Change in View said...

I really like this outfit, except for the brown tights. Those are tights, right?

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger