Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Daily Outfit - Kate - 3/3/10

This outfit is completely, 100% dedicated to my mom. I've no doubt that if Mom and I were to have a Freaky Friday, she'd put on this exact outfit. And she'd probably also have my tattoo removed and spend a lot of time being jealous of my perky 34B-never-breastfed-a-baby boobs.



Know why else this is dedicated to my mom? Because that super cute black shirt was hers :-) She wore it in college, I think, and I found it in her closet a few years back. I took it, and now it is mine and I <3 it (forgot to take a picture of the side view, but that's what really makes it - the back is longer than the front; a very Victorian silhouette - and it's got a cute little tie, too :-) ). I know Mom also loves these shoeties, because ever since I got mine she's been on a quest for her own pair!

But that's not the only vintage-via-Mom piece in this outfit - the necklace was hers, too:


It's so simple and perfect, isn't it? Just white gold and diamond chips. I love wearing it with big earrings, when I still want to have a necklace but not overwhelm the outfit.

magenta shirt: thrifted, originally Target
black top: vintage, via Mom
skirt: Old Navy, summer 2009
tights: Filene's Basement
shoes: Nine West, via Macy's
earrings: Mom-made
necklace: vintage, via Mom

4 comments:

Change in View said...

Now, what's really freaky is that I got a tattoo today that matches yours!!! And yesterday I got a boob job, so now we match! And I want my shirt and necklace back too.

Actually, thank you for the very sweet post. That shirt and I had a really great time together back in the day. And there's an old boyfriend out there who is probably sorry that he ever spent the money on that necklace.

Thank you for stirring up the memories. (BTW, with your blog readers as my witnesses, you promised to find my valuable "Let It Be" necklace and you haven't done it yet. I want it.)

I know where you got your cute, but I'm not telling.

K said...

I love that so much of this is from your Mom! That shirt is really cool.

Jen said...

You and your mom are being cuties. I love it. I love that necklace sososoososooso much.

Diana said...

I love how you layered the magenta shirt under the black blouse, and that necklace is lovely.

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger