Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Daily Outfit - Kate - 3/17/10

So even though you guys see my outfits (almost) every day, that's not quite how I really run around. If you were to see me walking down Olive St. in downtown St. Louis on any given day, I'd look pretty much like this:



Only, um...without the cat.

But other than that, it's pretty much accurate - the earbuds attached to my iPod Nano (which I never carry in-hand, but always keep stashed), the sensible cross-body bag (in my old age, I've come to really prefer them over shoulder bags - love the hands free comfort!), the purrrrdy new trench coat of awesomeness. Yup, that's me.

Today, under the ensemble:



YAWN. And, um, do I even have a waist? Ugh. In an effort to achieve the "less is more" look, I really under-accessorized. This outfit needed textured tights or a scarf or a little belt or a bunch of bracelets or SOMETHING. I felt frumpy and schlumpy all day, after I first realized the problem (not 'till *after* I got to work, of course). Not a mistake I intend to repeat again!

Speaking of mistakes, check this out:


I love those earrings. They remind me of spools of thread, and I bought them at the Kirksville farmer's market when I was there one day with a girlfriend and her two daughters. They're fantastic and fun and I love them.

But guess what? I have no intention of wearing them today.

Somehow - guess I wasn't paying attention - I grabbed them instead of the dangly silver-and-cobalt ones I meant to wear. And didn't realize it until I was preening (shut up you do it too) in the bathroom mirror this afternoon. What's next, leaving the house wearing two different boots? (Sorry Amber...)

Honestly, my favorite part of the outfit was my necklace:

Jeff gave me the pendant on our first Valentine's Day, and the chain for our second Christmas. It's tiny and dainty and perfect and I love it. Isn't he a good jewelry-picker-outter? :-)

Cardigan: GAP, winter 2009/2010
Shirt: thrifted, originally Target
Skirt: thrifted, originally Old Navy
Tights: Ellen Tracy, via DSW
Shoeties: Nine West, via Macy's
Necklace: Jeff :-)
Earrings: farmer's market crafter, circa 2007

1 comment:

Diana said...

I love that bright blue cardigan! I think that this outfit is good overall, but you're right that adding just a bit of texture or pattern would make it more interesting.

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger