Monday, March 1, 2010

Dear Jen

OK please don't interpret this as condescending or patronizing or ANYTHING BAD AT ALL, but I am SO proud of you! I really admire how you're pushing your comfort zone by going thrifting - I honestly don't know if I'd be able to do the same thing (what would be a comparable challenge for me?). But I'm glad you had a fantastic experience and hope you're going to do it again :-)

Look I'mma do some research for you:

Buffalo Exchange (I wish they had one in Missouri!)

Plato's Closet (skews kind of young, sometimes)

GO! Both are a little less Goodwill-y (and I mean that in the best way possible); they pick and choose what clothing they'll sell, so you're more likely to get quality, trendy pieces. Of course you'll pay a bit more for that, but still less than retail.

Or just come to St. Louis and I'll take ya to my favorite haunts :-)

On another note, I too have been thinking about summer. Although my thought process has only gone as far as "NO DON'T WANNA" which may or may not be very productive. I'll be sad when I have to pack away all my wool sweaters and cozy happiness. But I think I can hang on in my current situation through April or so, right? RIGHT?


Yours in denial,
Kate

1 comment:

Jen said...

I think I am about to impress you like crazy... went to both of those places! Couldn't find anything at Buffalo Exchange, and Plato's Closet was closed :(

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger