Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dear Jen

I'm glad you were excited about taking our blog public, because I was scared shitless (would you believe Firefox doesn't recognize that as a word?). What if everyone hated us and said we had no business running a style blog? What if someone was so jealous of our combined collections of awesome scarves that they came and kidnapped them? I should've known better, though, because we've received a wonderful reception from bloggy friends old and new. So instead of spending the weekend crying into my pillow and eating chocolates, I'll be spending the weekend thrifting and eating chocolates.

One thing I've noticed about your outfits is how you make an open cardigan look *so* cute! I tend to look at a cardi and see "Ooh! Buttons! I should button them!" in some sort of Pavlovian-esque button conditioning. But now I'm starting to think past that, thanks to you! I know it won't work with all cardigan shapes, but nonetheless - I think I have another goal for next week :-)

This week has been sort of frustrating for me, outfit-wise. I know I kind of hinted at it a time or two (:-P) but it's true - I've just felt icky and draggy and gross all week, and outfits that would normally be cute felt binding and frumpy. Methinks I need to lay off the chocolates (for a bit) and get my outfit mojo back, no?

Have a fabulous weekend, and kindly pretend that I wrote this post last night like I was supposed to :-D

<3>You were in a sorority? Really? Whoa.

3 comments:

susan said...

finally got the feed to work. yay!

Jen said...

Do I not fit the sorority stereotype? GOOD. :p

Diana said...

I love this letter feature. And I think we've all had weeks of feeling icky and draggy before - those are often the best days to put on a pretty, comfy jersey dress.

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger