Thursday, January 28, 2010

Daily Outfit - Kate - 1/28/10

UGH. That's all I have to say about this.

Well, I guess I have a bit more to say...

One of the risks of dressing adventurously (hey I hear you laughing at me - my version of "adventurous" is just a bit different than yours, I bet) is that there's such a gamble - you see a look, you try it out, and if it doesn't work you may be stuck with it (or a version of it) all. freaking. day.

Such was the case with me and the new tied shirt/cardigan thing that academichic shared. I thought it looked really cute and was dying to try it out, so I did. And on me? Personally? FAIL. The ties went across the widest part of me, completely hiding my waist. I tried to fix the cardigan's neckline by tucking it in at the sides and felt uncomfortable and fidgety all day as a result. The long flowy under-shirt showed under the cardi and made me look all blocky and the proportions were all wrong. Just... UGH. I couldn't wait to get home and take it off, and now I'm laying here in flannel jampants and an old t-shirt and feel SO much better.

I may revisit this look/technique sometime in the future, but not with this particular combo - traditionally-belted cardis are better for my body type, I think.

PS>I think it looks better in photos in real life, but that doesn't change that I felt GUH-ROSS all day.



Cardigan: Sears, circa 2002-ish
Self-belted tee: Target, summer 2009
Skirt: thrifted Fall 2009, originally from The Limited
Tights: Target
Boots: Born, Fall 2008
Necklace: same as yesterday
Earrings: Mummy

6 comments:

Change in View said...

I have always loved that cardigan on you!

K said...

I don't think it looks that bad! You could always move the ties up some and I think the shirt being longer than the cardi looks fine. I did the same thing once to (http://shopkimsblog.blogspot.com/2009/12/thank-you.html) and while I was not thrilled with it in the morning, it grew on me by the end of the day. I say give it another shot!

Alissa said...

I hate fidgety clothes. If it's not comfortable, I probably won't wear it!

Diana said...

I think it looks really great in the photos, but if it made you feel blah, then ditch it. It doesn't matter if an outfit looks great if it makes you feel fidgety and uncomfortable all day.

Kate said...

Diana - Thanks, that's fast becoming my philosophy too. Though lately, EVERYTHING is making me feel fidgety and uncomfortable. I think the problem is me, not the clothes :-P

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think it does look great, but like you said, if it's uncomfortable, you're gonna hate it.

I'm pretty sure I love wearing sweats and t-shirts the most out of everything I own... =)

-Megan

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger