Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Daily Outfit - Kate - 1/19/10

I guess it wouldn't really be fair just to post the outfits I'm enamoured of, would it? So, here's one that was kinda...meh.

(The face is a reaction to the news that I'd just run my first-ever overdraft fee on my rarely-used shared checking account. But in my defense, the shoes I bought - causing said overdraft fee - were SO worth it.)
I'd just gotten those boots back from being re-heeled, and I was eager to wear them. I also wanted to wear this scarf, so I took those two items and just sorta filled in the blanks. And while I guess I succeeded in that regard (in that I'm not topless or something), it's just sorta dull, isn't it? It's hard to tell in the yellow artificial light, but that skirt is a really nice plummy tweed flecked with creamy white. In retrospect, I probably should have paired it with my creamy white cardigan, then, and worn a black tee or tank underneath instead of the purple one I went with.

At least the scarf is nice, right? And I continue to really enjoy that knot that I linked in my 1/16/10 post.

In a last-ditch effort to save the outfit as I ran out the door yesterday morning, I threw on a bunch of bracelets. This is a look that I really like but rarely play with, because jingling all day really annoys me. But it's so purrrdy!
Overall, I guess on this one I give myself a solid 6/10. I'm completely clothed and it doesn't look horrid, but I know I could do better.

Boots: Born, Fall 2008
Skirt: George, thrifted from Goodwill
Tights: Target
Tee: Old Navy
Cardigan: Target
Scarf: Target (current, but not available online)
Bracelets: Kohls about 6 years ago(white gold), thrifted (sterling silver rope), and gift (purple beaded)

1 comment:

Jen said...

Whaaaat? I like this outfit and LOVE the scarf.

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger