Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Daily Outfit - Kate - 1/18/10

On Saturday (while running the errands mentioned below), I stumbled RIGHT INTO Target's women's department. And in the process of catching myself from falling, my hands landed on serendipity, embodied.


Serendipity Pt. 1:



Is that not the cutest little black trench in the history of cute little black trenches? I love it. I've been needing a dressier spring coat, and this fits the bill perfectly (I actually have achieved the jacket triquad-fecta - I have a casual and tailored canvas one, a dressier tweed-y one, a supercasual denim one, and now a dressy and tailored one. I love it!


And under that, Serendipity Pt. 2:



Yes, it's also black. But it's a shirtdress, so it's *completely* different, right? 'Twas on clearance for a mere pittance ("pittance" = $15, for the interested), and it fits me to a T. I've not had much luck with Target's Converse line in the past, but it's workin' now, so I won't complain :-)


I LOVE belted shirtdresses - they're the ultimate in comfort, and they're easy to wear yet really polished looking. Plus I think that in theory this will be a good "blank canvas" piece that I can accessorize and wear a bunch of different ways. That's really nothing I've tried before, and I will definitely be looking for guidance and inspiration on!


As you can see, I also wore my trusty pink Lucchese cowboy boots. I've had these babies since Feb. 2006 and I love 'em more with each passing year! I still get stopped, regularly, by strangers who want to know where I got them. To me they're the prime example of an investment piece. The style and quality *more* than makes up for the price tag, and by this point my per-wear "cost" is probably just pennies. Wanna hear something crazy, though? This was my first time EVER wearing them with the legs exposed - I've always only worn them under jeans. I guess styleblogging is making me more daring?


Finally, teh jeweleriez:


Simple, and PINK! I know I probably "should" have incorporated a third color into this outfit, but I didn't even know where to begin. So I decided 2 was good.

Jacket: Target (Merona)
Dress: Converse for Target
Tights: (DEVIL TIGHTS! EVIL UNCOMFORTABLE TIGHTS OF HATRED!) Forever 21
Boots: Lucchese, via Zappos
Necklace: Target, about 5 years ago
Bracelet: No clue

No comments:

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger