Monday, January 18, 2010

Daily Outfit - Kate - 1/16/10

I thought it only fitting that my first outfit post here on our new blog be one of my absolute favorite outfits to date. I just threw it on Saturday to run errands, and based the whole thing off two bits of inspiration: 1)A desire to try out the brilliant new scarf tie shown here and 2)The need to break in my amazing new 704b. boots. Somehow I also think it's appropriate that in my first ever photo in my first ever post, I'm making a typically dumbass face. But this is a style blog, not a face blog (let's all be glad for that), so I guess it's OK.


I felt really cute in this as I picked up my prescription at Target, browsed a couple antique stores, and hit up Scholar Shop's 25% off sale. I'm also sort of proud of myself for not just throwing on jeans and a sweater and calling it good. I guess it doesn't really take any more effort to put on something nice, and IMNSHO, skirts are even comfier than jeans (usually).


Yay for a slightly-less-goony photo!

(obviously I need to work on the scarf thing, but hey - nobody's perfect)

I even tried to keep with the "comfort" theme in my earrings, which were designed and created by my mom. Though they're very substantial looking, they're also incredibly lightweight and quiet.


I didn't have Jeff take any close-ups of my boots on Saturday, but here they are paired with another outfit from last week:


I am absolutely in LOVE with all that studding, and the texture of the leather. They're kind of a bear to break in, though. In a perfect world these would've come in a wide width. But we're getting there. Wearing two pairs of handknitted socks helps :-D

jacket: GAP, circa 2004-ish?
scarf: Old Navy, Christmas gift from a co-worker
tee: Mossimo/Target
skirt: GAP
tights: Target
boots: 704b (which seems to exist only at DSW?), purchased with part of my Christmas bonus money this year
earrings: Accidental Artists

No comments:

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger