Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Daily Outfit - Kate - 1/26/10

I really feel like these photos don't do today's outfit justice.


My goal here today was to incorporate a brighter color or two into my usually-dark winter palette. So I started building with the only bright-colored scarf in my wardrobe. I feel like the salmon-y pink complements the scarf's gold and lavender nicely, even though I don't know enough about color theory to tell you why :-P That skirt is my favorite purple corduroy one which I actually tracked down in Kansas City and sent my dad down to the Plaza to buy. It was worth it, because I wear it all the time and know I'll love it for years to come.

Close-up that shows the color of my scarf and the shiny gold threads running through it.


Finally, if I ever come out with an emo/punk album with a single called "Amber Ring" then this'll be the album cover:

Just so ya know.

Skirt: GAP, Fall 2009
Tee: Target via Goodwill, summer 2008
Cardigan: Target
Boots: LLBean
Tights: Target
Earrings: mom-made
Ring: booth at Maple Leaf, Fall 2009
Scarf: booth at Gypsy Caravan, spring 2009

3 comments:

Jen said...

"Finally, if I ever come out with an emo/punk album with a single called "Amber Ring" then this'll be the album cover"

I LAUGHED

Alissa said...

YAYAYYAYAYAY!

Sandy said...

Ohhh what a cute idea for a style blog!! Scarves are totally my favorite accessory right now! I keep wanting to buy more more more!! Can't wait to see more outfits you two!!

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger