Thursday, January 21, 2010

Daily Outfit - Kate - 1/20/10

(It's sort of fun to say "one-twenty-ten" aloud, isn't it? Try it. I'll wait.)
...
Part of the reason I wanted to distract you was so I'd have time to think up a good excuse for my face in the picture I'm about to show you. Unfortunately I was unable, so here it is - bereft of commentary.

That's the face I'm going to use on my as-yet-imaginary kids when they do something completely bizarre.

Anyway, this is a style blog not a "faces Kate makes" blog (though wouldn't that be a fun one too?) so here's the whole getup:

I thrifted that button-down shirt a few weeks ago - was originally from GAP spring 2008 - and have worn it twice (haven't blogged the other time, yet). I feel like I've just barely scratched the surface of what I can do with it - with the classic shape and beautiful little multicolored print, it's a very versatile piece! Yesterday I was going for the "belted cardigan" look only, um...not with a cardigan. I also - quite proud of myself for this bit - realized when I put it on that it looked a bit sloppy (or, as my grandma says, "loosey goosey"), so I tried rolling up the sleeves to give it a bit more form and definition. I think it worked. And, as a side benefit, I was in a constant state of readiness to knead bread dough or wash the dog. Can't go wrong.

The boots are ones you'll definitely be seeing a lot of in my posts - I love 'em to death and wear them at *least* once a week, especially when it's cold and/or snowy. They're amazingly comfortable and the quality can't be beat. Who doesn't love LLBean?

It may not be the most revolutionary or exciting outfit to look at, but it made me feel good wearing it - and isn't that what counts?



Overshirt: GAP, thrifted
Purple tank: Target
Skirt: Old Navy
Belt: thrifted
Tights: Target
Boots: LLBean
Earrings and necklace: Mom-made, stone and sterling silver
Ring: blue moonstone and sterling silver fair-trade, from Macrosun

1 comment:

Jen said...

GOD I LOVE THAT FACE

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger