Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Wardrobe Gaps - Jen - 2010

I am home today recuperating. I realized that I have not relaxed at all since breaking my foot, which means that the whole elevating and icing has not happened at all. Oops! So today, I have committed to staying off of my feet and doing nothing, which means I will actually be eating chocolate and watching The Office all day. Thankfully, work is being really flexible about everything.

Anyway, since I won't be getting dolled up today, it seemed like a dang good day to take inventory and map out the gaps that need to be filled in my wardrobe! Ugh, just typing that gives me anxiety. Need.so.much. (Want.so.much?)

Jeans
Okay, yes, I know it's crazy that I think that I'm missing anything in the jeans department, but I really am!
  • Medium wash boot-cut jeans
Slacks
I currently own 2 pairs of slacks, and I'm not particularly crazy about either one of them, so I think this section of my wardrobe is in need of some updating.
  • Black trousers hemmed for flats
  • Black trousers hemmed for heels
  • Grey trousers hemmed for heels
Tops
I have a habit of buying lots of tanks and camis, which I guess is a pretty good habit except that I know very little about how to style myself. In the hands of a fashion goddess, I'm sure all of my tops would be a dream, but I am clueless. My goal is to start buying with purpose, and from what I've learned thus far, I need more blouses! And short-sleeved tops! And and and andnnndndnd
  • Short-sleeved solid dark blouse (preferably silk)
  • Short-sleeved solid light blouse (preferably silk)
  • Button-down white shirt
  • Button-down light blue shirt
  • Button-down striped shirt
Dresses/Skirts
With the weather warming up so quickly, I would like to start wearing more dresses and skirts. Most of the dresses I own are on the shorter side and were okay with tights during the colder months, but tights are out of the picture now, and the dresses won't fly bare-legged.
  • Floral print dress
  • Light-colored striped dress
  • Floral print skirt
  • Grey pencil skirt
Outerwear/Cardigans
I am realizing that all of my cardigans are solid colors. Boring! I need to mix it up.
  • Khaki trench
  • Fitted dark blazer
  • (2) Short-sleeved cardigans in a fun print
  • (2) Long-sleeved cardigans in a fun print
Shoes
I've already started my transition from exclusively wearing flats to incorporating some heels, and it is fun! Why didn't I do this sooner? There's so much missing in this section that I'm not even sure what's not missing.
  • Brown flat riding boots
  • Black platform sandals
  • Brown/camel-colored platform heels
  • Black platform heels
  • Black flats
Accessories
Oh, man. Where on earth to begin!
  • Long strand of "pearls"
  • (2) fun brooches
  • Wide brown belt
  • Braided brown belt
  • White braided belt (I keep picturing this in my mind. I hope it exists!)
What else is my wardrobe missing?

1 comment:

Alissa said...

A pair of red high heels. Great to wear with black pants and dark blazer, neutral dress shirts, grey pencil skirt and LBD.

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger