Monday, April 12, 2010

Dear Jen

I noticed you were wearing a lot of solid colors this week. Is it coincidence, or do you have an ulterior motive? I'm not sure, honestly, what that motive might be - you wish to eradicate all patterns from the world, because one time a pattern called your mother a whore? But really it rocks my world, because you're showing me how to combine colors. Like here! A purply blue, two different greys, and an entirely different shade of blue in the skirt. And then the necklace ties everything together in a subtle way. SO COOL. I guess I'm still recovering from a prior "matchy matchy" compulsion. Um but one question - do I have to do the cast/boot? 'Cause I'd really rather not :-P

Regardless of your motive, I think I've caught the whole "no patterns" thing, too. Also! You should be proud of me - this weekend I went to Target and bought a cardigan to maybe kinda replace my old raggedy white one. Maybe. I mean, it's not white. And the shape is completely different. But it's also the kind that I can (hopefully) throw on with just about any outfit. So we'll see how that goes. At any rate, I like it. And you shall see it! Soon! Like, as soon as I get home and take pictures!

<3
Kate

PS>I miss winter.

No comments:

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger