Monday, August 30, 2010

The Spoils: mostly Old Navy, and Daily Outfit - Kate - 8/29/10

EDIT - fixed the pictures!

I ran some errands yesterday. One of those errands involved Old Navy, and a 30% Friends and Family discount.

Good (read: bad) things happen when I run an errand in Old Navy. Especially with a discount in hand.

A purple wide-wale corduroy waistcoat happens, for example. As you shall see later.

Also, a new denim knee-length skirt happens:

It's so I don't have to wear the same one every day. Mix it up a bit!

And then there's an airy woven tunic thingy:



($8.99 on clearance!)

Oh, and a cute little ruffled henley:

Look at me, all explorin' outside the box! Shaddup. It's a big step. For me.

And because we can't be *too* adventurous, we end up in Grey Cardigan Land.

But it fits perfectly, and was only $7!

Why buy one cardigan, when you can buy *two*?!

This one is different, though. 'Cause it's purple. And lace. And cropped. And $11.

After leaving Old Navy, I decided to inflict some damage at the adjacent Marshall's. To the tune of $7 pumps:


Which I wore today and... ::shudder::. Glad I didn't pay more than $7 for them!

Oh, and a Talbots skirt:


It may not look like much now, but I can tell ya that it's the *perfect* length to pair with these beauties.

Ssh! Don't tell Jeff I'm already planning outfits, OK?

Goodwill was my last stop, and I tried on a *bunch* of stuff but only came away with one item:

We shall see. It's a bit tight, and it needs a slip, but that grey floral print is just so charming, and the color's so bright and cheery! Worth a shot at $2, yes?

::contented sigh::

Oh! I almost forgot! Sunday night I had a work function to attend, and it was really casual. So I test-drove a couple of my new pieces:

I felt like major hotness!


Yeah, this one will definitely be repeated at some point.

Top: Old Navy
Tank: who knows?
Skirt: Old Navy
Belt: Target, 2008
Sandals: Sofft, 2009
Necklace: super old
Earrings: Kirksville Farmer's Market, circa 2006

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Love your daily outfit! Slim skirts with a flowy belted top is a FABULOUS look on you.

Jen said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I LOVE THIS OUTFIT ON YOU!!! SO MUCH! Great finds!

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger