Monday, May 10, 2010

Dear Jen

It's too bad you don't have me along on the trip (for a multitude of reasons) because I am like the QUEEN suitcase crammer. No, seriously. Ask anybody.

Here are some of my favorite tips:
~Roll up socks and undies and cram them into your shoes.
~Put bulky items in first and jam smaller items in around.
~(Too late for you on this one, but...) When you pack to head out, do so rather haphazardly. Only pack what you can easily fit in. Then when you head home and pack conscientiously, you'll find there's SO much "extra" room for purchases! :-)
~Pack delicate items in the center of your luggage and surround them with clothes &etc. for padding. I once transported a whole bunch of Currier & Ives dishes in among my tshirts and pyjama pants, this way! :-)
~Pack shoes "yin-yang" style, flat on the bottom of your bag. Since they're the bulkiest and can't really be compressed (and presumably you've already filled them with socks and undies anyway), line your bag with them, paired up "heel to toe".
~Fold everything, even the dirty clothes. Takes up less space than leaving them wadded up.
~Make a stack of 3 or 4 similar items (tshirts, undies, etc) and then roll them together. These rolls can be wedged into suitcase corners, lined up on the top before you zip closed, whatever.

Hope that helps! And I also hope Jarod doesn't get too mad when you end up buying a lot more than previously anticipated ;-)

Also, yes I died this weekend. I know I do that a lot so I know the statement is losing its potency, but I really mean it this time. Me = kaput.

<3

No comments:

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger