Monday, March 7, 2011

Dear Kate

As if my lack of posting hasn't been any indication, I've been supremely uninspired lately. I think I'm okay at putting normal-looking outfits together, but obviously I'm no fashionista. Neither you nor I have ever claimed to be, right? Hence, our blog.

Anyway, I've said this before and will say it again: I know what good and bad editorials look like and can style a shoot if needed, but good lord, I cannot get creative with my own wardrobe! I'm bummed. Not really, actually. That's pretty dramatic, but you know what I mean.

I cleaned out my closet this weekend - I specifically targeted clothes that I do not wear, but this morning I found myself thinking, "Damn. Now I have no clothes." What difference did the clean-out make? I never wore that stuff anyway!

Soooo, in my desperation to find an excuse for my lackluster sartorial performance, I've decided that I need more slacks. I think I'm a pant-lady and not a skirt-lady, even though I would really like to be a skirt-lady*. I'm just going to be honest, here: I just don't shave my legs often enough to wear skirts regularly. Sue me. But not really, because then I would actually be bummed.

Yours,
Jen

* You are a freaking cute skirt-lady.

No comments:

 
fashion, blog, fashionista, clothes, shoes, designer, closet, style, blogger